Welcome to Gentiva - New Hires
We’re glad you’re here! One of the first things you’ll want to do is learn about your employee benefits. We’ve made that easy.
Benefits enrollment is your opportunity to make your benefit elections. You are eligible to enroll immediately after your hire date.
New Hire Benefits Effective Date Example
- Hire or transfer date – April 6
- Enrollment period ends – May 31
- Benefits effective date – June 1 (the first day of the month following 30 days of continuous employment)
You will enroll online. When you enroll, you’ll need to select ALL your benefits. If you do not select a benefit, you will not have that benefit for the remainder of the year, unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event.
Be sure to enroll in each of the following benefits that you want to have:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Supplemental Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental AD&D Insurance
- Dependent Term Life Insurance
- Group Legal Plan
- Critical Illness Insurance
You will not need to enroll in core benefits (Basic Life, Basic STD, Basic AD&D and EAP).
Take advantage of our Wellness Program. New Hires only need to complete the Health Assessment before their Benefits Effective Date to qualify for incentives that will offset medical plan costs. Complete your assessment NOW by going to the Wellness site and clicking “Health Assessment” under the “I Am” section at the top of the page.</>
For information about the Gentiva 401K Plan: 401(k) Emag